Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VANDERBILT HEART TRANSPLANT PROGRAM Watch a video from our Strides in Heart Care TV special to learn more about our heart transplant program. Outcomes for patients receiving a heart transplant at Vanderbilt University Medical Center exceed nationally established benchmarks. One of only two centers in the country to achieve this distinction, we've earned recognition as a center of excellence and distinction by many healthcare organizations. As the largest heart transplant program in Tennessee, we have the experience and resources to provide the most advanced care to patients suffering from heart failure. Read more.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for procurement activities related to the allocation, distribution, surgical removal, and preservation of organs recovered for transplantation.
Performs extensive on-call responsibilities to assist with the activities related to the donor recovery.
Coordinates and assists in the surgical recovery, preservation, and packaging of organs and specimens in conjunction with transplant surgeons and/or organ recovery coordinators.
Coordinates and assists with fly outs and fly backs.
Coordinates and assists with travel arrangements for transplant teams, organs for transplant and specimens to laboratories.
Orders and maintains all necessary supplies related to the organ recovery process.
Maintains sterile supplies and donor equipment bags.
Assists in collecting data needed for recording and reporting donor activities.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
ORAL COMMUNICATION - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates fundamental command of language and grammar. Clearly and effectively transmits basic ideas and information to others. Listens carefully to others and respects their differences. Expresses technical information clearly. Requests for a patient report at the inception of care, provides patient report at the end of a shift to the clinical team, and provides a handover report, when appropriate.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities. Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Awareness of the capabilities of the specific medical equipment and its characteristics. Able to use the medical equipment to accomplish very basic tasks associated with the specific devices.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
** Minimum Qualifications Required **
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.