Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory, Staff/Administrative
Location: Hyde Park Campus
The Esser-Kahn Lab is seeking an individual with prime motivation to act as catalytically within our lab to accelerate research projects through two objectives. And serve as an âœadvance scientific scouting agent, which include focusing on mastering new techniques and trying new experiments, while conducting two daysâ™ of routine lab maintenance per week.
1) Assistance in standard lab-work focused on cell culture and primary cell harvesting with a heavy focus on immunological methods. Routine Tasks include: Ordering, Liaison with the animal facility, placing work orders, calendaring and group meeting schedules, on boarding new members, inventory and package receipt, office supplies.
2) Other Duties as assignment.
1)Knowledge of research techniques or methods required.
2) Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures required.
3) Analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
4) Attention to detail required.
5) Excellent organizational skills required.
6) Ability to work independently and as part of a team requited.
7) Verbal and written communication skills required.
8) Previous supervisory experience required.
9) Strong time making skills required.
10) Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills required.
11) Working knowledge of scientific applications and equipment is a plus.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in a relevant field of study to the research conducted along with a minimum of two years relevant research experience required.
2) Advanced or Doctoral degree in a field of study relevant to the research being conducted preferred.
1) A minimum of two years related work experience.
2) Previous experience working in a research organization or managing research projects required.
3) A knowledge of chemical synthesis is a plus.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
1) Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Work and PowerPoint required.
2) Basic computer proficiency required.
3) Strong Background in graphic design and use of Adobe Illustrator highly preferred.
2) Reference Contact Information (3)
(NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application)
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04471
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.