Reporting to Maintenance Coordinator/ Mail and Trucking, provide moving and delivery services for all University departments, provide trash and recycling material pickups
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide pickup and delivery service in a timely fashion, and assist in warehousing.
2. Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
3. Provide trash and recycling materials pickup in a timely fashion.
4. Provide mail service delivery as required.
5. Assist in snow removal effort.
6. Operate University vehicles and equipment in a safe manner during the performance of duties.
7. Perform mechanical inspections and minor vehicle maintenance.
8. Perform any and all related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A high school diploma required. Must have the ability to work non scheduled hours and work in all types of weather conditions. Must possess a valid drivers license with a satisfactory driving record. This position is responsible for using as a guideline in daily work routines the initiatives as expressed in the University mission statement as well as the Facilities Services departmental mission statement. The ability to demonstrate reading and writing comprehension and competency skills is required. One year experience in operating vehicles. Must be a service oriented individual.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
One year experience in operating vehicles, such as stake truck, box van and forklift preferred.
Internal Number: 11425
About Marquette University
Marquette University is a Catholic, Jesuit university located near the heart of downtown Milwaukee, WI, that offers a comprehensive range of majors in 11 nationally and internationally recognized colleges and schools. A Marquette education offers students a virtually unlimited number of paths and destinations and prepares them for the world by asking them to think critically about it.