1) Perform medical procedures, including but not limited to, EKG, nebulizer, pulmonary function testing, spirometry, peak flow testing.
2) Maintain general appearance and cleanliness of exam rooms and nursing station (monitor level of clinic supplies, stock exam rooms, and store new items upon delivery.)
3) Schedule return appointments as needed.
4) Cover front desk activities as needed including insurance verification, registration, and collection of payments.
5) Obtain patient results, records and letters as needed for clinic visit.
2) Interactive Communication
3) Effective and appropriate application of medical knowledge
1) High school diploma
2) Medical assistant diploma from a medical assistant training program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
3) Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
1) Two years of healthcare related experience
2) Two years in an ambulatory care setting
3) Pediatric experience
1) Resume 2) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04754
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.