10) Analyzes complex financial issues and resolves or makes recommendations for resolution.
11) Anticipates and identifies potential problems, and apprises senior leadership, as necessary.
12) Provides project management leadership for special financial initiatives important to the Dean.
13) Prepares written materials or presentations, as needed.
1)Analytical ability to administer a complex budget.
2)Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
3) Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret needs in the areas of special projects related to financial and budget planning.
4)Proven ability and skill to identify and analyze complex situations, present alternatives and options, and recommend or implement effective courses of action.
5) Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
6) Ability to be comfortable in a collaborative environment in which teamwork, collegiality and consensus are the rule and faculty governance is the standard.
7) Familiarity with standard business practices to advice the Dean and Senior Leadership on policies and procedures.
8) Exercises sound judgement to ensure compliance with all University policies, procedures, and protocols.
9) Manages confidential information and sensitive issues with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
10) Demonstrated experience directing the work of a small team.
11) Customer service oriented with the ability to work through complex situations with professionalism and tact.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
1) Minimum 7 years of related experience with increasing responsibility
2) Scientific research enterprise and/or university environment.
3) Supervisory experience.
Technical Knowledge or Skills
1) Strong technical knowledge, especially in the areas of computerized information systems, software applications e.g., Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, & Excel), financial analysis tools and databases such as Workday.
2) Proven ability to use University financial and travel systems: FAS, Business Objects, ACCTS, GEMS/Concur, and Buysite.
2) Professional References (3)
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04855
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.