1) The Center for Asian Health Equity is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative communicator who will provide administrative and technical support to the Centerâ™s teams.
2) The Communication and Administrative Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient operation of the Center and implementing communication projects and strategies to ensure clear and timely communication of our Centerâ™s message across all channels.
3) The successful candidate will possess the skills to manage the competing priorities and demands from different projects while creatively developing marketing and communication messages and materials for the Center.
4) Work with the leadership team to develop and implement marketing and communication strategic plan to advance Centerâ™s visibility.
5) Design, write, and edit Centerâ™s marketing and communication materials for all of the programs and ensure branding and style compliance.
6) Liaise with other vendors to develop and produce materials.
7) Maintain and update Centerâ™s web content for consistency and accuracy and suggest areas for improvement.
8) Create, edit, and post creative content on Centerâ™s social media platforms.
9) Support all staff with presentation design and data visualization communication needs.
10) Track projects and media exposure by maintaining a collection of press releases, photos, graphics, icons, infographics, and databites video clips.
11) Organize and schedule office meetings and appointments and transcribe minutes from meetings.
12) Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
13) Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
14) Develop and coordinate office procedures and systems and resolve administrative problems.
15) Develop and maintain filing system.
16) Enhance team atmosphere through staff on-boarding and engagement activities.
17) Support Centerâ™s programmatic activities and events as assigned by the supervisor.
1) Proficient in Microsoft Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, INDesign).
2) Facility with content management systems (WordPress); HTML familiarity an asset.
3) Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
4) Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
5) Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
6) Strong writing and copy editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
7) Strong organizational and planning skills.
8) Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
1) Bachelor's degree
1) 2 to 3 years of working experience in communications
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR04987
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.