1) Leading ongoing development, maintenance and support of the ServiceNow (a provider of enterprise service management (ESM) software) application, including but not limited to designing work processes and workflows, developing applications and code, optimizing packaged application code performance, maintaining code, mentoring other developers and administrators and providing support.
2) Responsible for ServiceNow projects as a senior developer, analyst, implementer and reviewer; and consults on technologies, environments, and other IT Services decisions related to the hosting and/or development of the overall portfolio of internal tools applications assigned to this team.
3) Shares responsibility for ServiceNow application strategy and operations.
4) Manages changes, mentors and assists other team members with process design and enhancement.
5) Translates business requirements into well-designed applications while balancing user and business needs, technical competencies, industry developments and time constraints.
6) Documents proposed solutions through technical diagrams.
7) Prepares resource estimates.
8) Provides periodic status reports on past, current and planned activities.
9) Works with users and technical staff to resolve problems and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
10) Diagnoses and repairs systems failures and provides on-call support for problem resolution.
11) Participates in developing user manuals.
12) Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge through a variety of vendor information sources.
13) May serve as services manager for the purposes of the IT Services catalog.
14) ServiceNow application life-cycle:
15) Lead the design, develop and implement additions, enhancements, changes, upgrades and fixes to the ServiceNow application.
16) Provide documentation and technical drawings as required
17) Provide analysis of the process designs for ITIL functions utilized within ServiceNow and assess opportunities for improvement .
18) Participate in testing, Quality Assurance, security review, and support of internal applications tools.
19) Manage services through operational upgrades and patches, changes in platforms, service subscriptions, and/or licensing
20) Maintain, implement, and test modules in cooperation with the Manager and departments utilizing best practices for software development, including automated testing, proper execution of specifications, adherence to documentation standards, and participation in implementation & configuration reviews.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
3) Excellent analytical skills.
4) Process mapping/diagramming tools such as Visio.
5) Keen sense of IT Service Management automation.
6) Excellent organizational and time management skills.
7) Knowledge of educational data standards.
1) Standard office environment
2) On-call responsibilities
1) Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative.
2) Ability to prioritize multiple projects and independently follow through with detail.
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
2) Advance degree in a technical field.
3) Service-now.com Developer Certification.
1) Minimum five years of experience supporting tools and applications used internally by IT(e.g. recharge systems, work ticketing systems, billing systems, monitoring and alert systems, etc).
3) Minimum three years of experience developing and executing application test plans.
4) Minimum three years of experience using SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and providing service in an ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) environment.
5) Minimum three years of experience with at least three of the following ServiceNow processes: (e.g. Incident Management, Change Management, Service Request Management, Problem Management, SDLC, Asset Management, Human Resources, Financial Service Management, Knowledge Management).
6) Experience leading a team.
8) Professional experience within a higher education environment.
9) Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
10) Experience designing and coding applications for cross-departmental or multi-client use.
11) Experience with configuration and maintenance of applications and services in cloud/hosted environments.
12) Minimum five years of experience in IT in a Research 1 university.
13) Minimum five years of experience with Service Now or similar tool.
14) Experience with the most recent version of the ServiceNow product.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05122
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.